Longford Sport's Partnership's COVID 19 Club Small Grant Scheme 2021
The COVID-19 club small grant scheme is part of a programme from the Government of Ireland, implemented through Sport Ireland and its network of Local Sports Partnerships to support the sports sector during the COVID-19 pandemic. This scheme is designed to support clubs, which do not have the finances to implement COVID-19 related hygiene and social distancing protocols. As the total fund available is limited, clubs which already have the finances to implement COVID-19 protocols should not apply. Clubs must ensure that, where available, they prioritise the application for funding support via their National Governing Body or relevant representative body. Funding support for the same purpose should not be sought from multiple sources.
This grant is only available to clubs that did not receive our last Covid -19 Club Support Activation Grant
This grant can cover costs associated with the reopening of sports clubs. The club grant scheme is designed and intended to support return to sporting activities only such as
· COVID 19 Related Costs for Hygiene Consumables (E.g. Hand sanitizer, soap, face masks, gloves etc.)
· COVID 19 Related Infrastructure Costs (E.g. Plexiglass screens, wall mounted dispensers, signage)
· COVID 19 Related venue/equipment cleaning costs
· Increased venue hire costs to comply with social distancing
· COVID 19 Related Volunteer Training Costs
· COVID 19 Related Staff Training Costs
· Additional Registration/ Event Management Costs (E.g. admin or IT costs to manage self declarations)
This funding cannot be used to support COVID-19 costs related to hospitality services such as bars or restaurants within sports facilities or commercial sector such as gyms, bootcamps etc.. The COVID 19 Club Small Grants can be used to support COVID 19 related expenditure (Date of publication of Government roadmap to recovery).
The scheme will be based on identified needs. Longford Sports Partnership and Sport Ireland and will work together to ensure that the investment is distributed fairly. Every effort will be made to ensure that the wider sports community benefits from this scheme.
There is a €1,500 limit per club on this grant scheme however applications will be means tested and only clubs with the most need will be eligible for the full amount. Clubs should not feel that they have to apply for the full amount to be considered for support.
Terms and Conditions
· Only one application can be submitted per club
· Applications must be submitted to the LSP in the county in which your club is based.
· The form must be filled out in one attempt, there is no facility to save the form and return to it at a later date.
· Maximum of €1500 per club
· The club grant scheme is intended to support return to sporting activities only
· Funding cannot be received from other organisations for items included in your application
· Clubs must have a copy of their Constitution or Club Rules;
· Affiliated member of the Public Participation Network and your NGB
· Be registered / update your club details with Longford Sports Partnership on a yearly basis
· Successful applicants must recognise the support of Longford Sports Partnership and Sport Ireland in publicity surrounding their project;
· Successful clubs must have Safeguarding done;
· The deadline for receipt of applications is Friday 11th June 2021 - 5pm.
· Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted
· Any club/organisation funded under this scheme will be asked to submit an evaluation report form to LSP and may be asked to supply documentary evidence
· If you are unsure on any of the above or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the office on 0433343493 or email@example.com
We, Longford Sports Partnership collect the personal data provided below for one or more specific purposes, on the basis of public authority to our statutory duties.
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below:
· Identifying and evaluating organisations that apply for funding
· Organisation overview and governance
· Conducting compliance checks
· Delivery of efficient services to meet organisations needs
· Recording and communicating the activities of our organisation and other organisations to stakeholders
· Facilitating future contact with relevant stakeholders
· In order to comply with a legal obligation
· Research and development of sports participation
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified or where there is a legal requirement. The minimum amount of personal information is shared with Sport Ireland.
The information above should be read in conjunction with the privacy notice on our website-> http://www.longfordcoco.ie/your-council/data-protection/privacy-statement/longford-county-council-privacy-statement.pdf
The application form should be completed online at the below link:
Clubs are advised to review this document and have the answers ready when inputting the details in the online application form
2021-Longford-Sports-Partnership-COVID-19-Club-Small-Grant-Scheme-Guidelines-for-clubs.pdf (size 193.9 KB)
Paper forms are available on request: Email the LSP office to request a copy email : firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the office on : 0433343493